Add the following line as a source in your graphical package manager (In Ubuntu: System->Administration->Synaptic package manager; then Settings->Repositories and then finally Third party software), or edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list and add it there.
deb http://apt.etherpad.org all .
apt-get install etherpad
Answer the questions (if any, depends on your system settings)
Other Linux distributions
Download the .tgz and unpack it
Follow instructions in README 🙂
BELOW IS THE OLD GUIDE for Etherpad V1 released by Google
– Install Java, Scala, MySQL, mysqlconnector and Mercurial under Windows.
– JAVA should be set to the java executable.
– JAVA_HOME should be set to the main jdk directory.
– SCALA should be set to the scala executable.
– SCALA_HOME should be set to the main scala distribution directory.
– PATH should contain $JAVA, $SCALA, and mysql
– MYSQL_CONNECTOR_JAR should be set to the mysql-connector JAR file included in the mysql-connector download.
– Install Cygwin.
These Files are needed in /etherpad/trunk/ since the archive holds files both in the etherpad and the infrastructure subfolder.
Make a backup of your bin folder
Extract the contents of the above .Rar file to the bin folder
After installation run bin/run-local.sh
Full docs coming later. Post questions as comments and I should be able to answer.
All props goto Jutsi for discovering the solution. Feeling confident without the full docs? Follow the unix docs for config settings and you should be good to go.
We assuming have already configured nrpe on your nagios box and you are sudo’d/root
adduser nagios (set the password) cd /home/nagios wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/nagios/nrpe-2.12.tar.gz * If this step fails visit http://www.nagios.org/download/addons for the latest URL
tar -zxvf nrpe-2.8.tar.gz cd nrpe-2.12 apt-get install gcc gawk openssl apt-get install make apt-get install libssl-dev apt-get install nagios-plugins ./configure make all make install-plugin make install-daemon make install-daemon-config echo “only_from = 0.0.0.1” >> /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg * Remember to replace 0.0.0.1 with your the IP address of your nagios server