WARNING: This is a horrible idea for a use of technology. It completely dehumanizes pupils. It was an abstract idea and is left here for historical purposes. Since I wrote this some companies have begun developing this tool, these companies should be ashamed of themselves and read this to begin walking their path of enlightenment
Eyes to the front is a development piece of software that rewards pupils for paying attention in class when the teacher is speaking.
Teachers click the “Eyes to the front” button and pupils are displayed eyes and ears on the classroom display (IWB/LCD/plasma etc). Webcams are used to detect pupil eye activity and facial recognition is used to reward experience points to pupils who are quickest to respond and continue to pay attention.
- Collaborative drawing with Etherdraw
- Blender for 3D Printing
- Improving Blender Renders with Photography Techniques
- Etherpad USA Meetup 2013 videos
- 2013 Etherpad SF Meetup part 1 of 10 – intro and etherpad-lite status from John McLear – YouTube
- Real time chat updates in Etherpad
- Pad Stats in Etherpad
- Temporarily Stop others writing on a pad
- Collaborative Markdown editing and export in Etherpad
- Introducing Text alignment in Etherpad