I recently spent 3 weeks in hotels in China and realized I should share some insights and recommendations..
- The roads are noisy and distracting, bring speakers/headphones/ear plugs.
- It gets wet so bring short socks / sandles
- If you have a hotel pool, bring a swimming hat
- The Internet might be filtered, preload maps and/or organize a VPN
- Lots of beer is bottled, bring a bottle opener
Words worth remembering..
- Nee how – Hello
- Ching Dao – A brand of beer..
- Shey shey – Thank you
- Dong La – I understand
I’d recommend learning the Chinese way of saying your hotel name. Each hotel will have a business card with their address in both English and Chinese, pick a handful of your hotels business cards up..
I’d recommend learning the name of the KTV nearest to your hotel, these are usually used as great reference points.. KTV = Karaoke joint..